What Makes Us Healthy?
The answer to this question is complex. There is more to what makes us healthy than the health care system, our genetics and our health behaviour choices.
The Public Health Agency of Canada says these 12 factors are what determine our health the most:
- Income and Social Status
- Income is the most influential determinant, see why here: http://playspent.org/html/
- Social Support Networks
- Education and Literacy
- Employment/Working Conditions
- Social Environments
- Physical Environments
- Personal Health Practices and Coping Skills
- Healthy Child Development
- Biology and Genetic Endowment
- Health Services
Social Determinants of Health Videos
Subscribe to the: PDHU Health for All Committee YouTube Channel
To view some You Tube videos, click on the links below.