Public Health Inspector – Temporary, Full-Time
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons, including those with disabilities. Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who take part in all aspects of recruitment and selection process in order to ensure that all materials and processes are accessible to persons with disabilities. We currently have an opening for a temporary full-time Public Health Inspector starting immediately and concluding June 19, 2020.
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and progressive team that may have responsibilities in the food safety, safe water, rabies control, health hazard investigation and infection control programs.
Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada). Candidates with a BSc (Environmental Health) or other appropriate degree will be given preference
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- computer skills including word processing and internet
- demonstrated leadership, organizational and planning skills
- terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement
- a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a safe and well-maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated
- obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screen
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday to Friday
Wage: $36.55 – $43.82 per hour
Closing Date: Monday, July 8, 2019
Apply in Writing to:
Director of Health Protection
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4
[please include job posting number 07-2019 in the subject line of your email]
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.