Perth County Prenatal Classes
- Offered by the Perth District Health Unit and Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance Stratford General Hospital.
- Ideal for expectant parents in the last half of their pregnancy.
- The class series includes two parts.
Free one Saturday class in Stratford and Listowel or three weekday evening classes in Stratford offered by Perth District Health Unit.
We recommend the weekday class series because there is more time to spend on the material, answer your questions, do more hands-on activities, and to connect with the other expectant parents.
- Key steps to a positive childbirth experience
- Techniques for comfort and coping with labour pain
- The partner’s role in labour: a toolbox of strategies
- Preparing for parenting: starting off strong
- Bringing baby home: Newborn 101
- Breastfeeding basics: from birth and beyond
Contact the Health Unit for upcoming class dates and times
One four hour Saturday class at Stratford General Hospital for $30. Listowel deliveries are welcome to attend.
- The process of labour: helping you prepare
- Giving birth at the hospital: what you can expect, and a labour and delivery room tour
- Making an informed decision about routine and non-routine medical procedures
- Pain medication options for labour
- Recovering from childbirth
- Your newborn in the first few days.
For Parents Delivering in Listowel
- North Perth residents are encouraged to attend the Health Unit’s Perth County Prenatal Classes in Listowel for their childbirth education needs.
For Part 1:
- Complete our On-line Prenatal Registration Form and you will be contacted to select the date that best suits your schedule.
- Call 519-271-7600 or toll-free 1-877-271-7348 extension 224
For Part 2:
Call Stratford General Hospital at 519-272-8210 extension 8232
Can’t make it to an in-person class?
We can bring the class to you with online prenatal eClasses!
- Online prenatal eClasses are free and available for residents of Perth County only.
- If you are not a resident of Perth, please contact your local health unit for more information about their online prenatal options.