Calling All Three Year Olds
Kindergarten Registration Starts in November!
At schools across Perth and Huron counties
For: Children eligible for school in September 2014 who are:
At the event:
- 3 years old by December 31, 2013 (Junior Kindergarten)
- 4 years old by December 31, 2013 (Senior Kindergarten)
- Sign up your child for J/S kindergarten for 2014
- Have your child's development checked
- Get tips on how to prepare your child for school
For the Calling All Three Year Olds event date at your local school, contact the school or district board office after October 1, 2013
Avon Maitland District School Board:
Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board
Calling All Three Year Olds (CATYO) Kindergarten Registration
is a school readiness initiative for three year olds. It is co-ordinated by partner agencies in Perth and Huron counties. This partnership includes:
- health units
- school boards
- and community early childhood programs and service providers.
CATYO offers universal developmental screening, early identification of developmental delays by a trained screener using the Nipissing District Developmental Screen and promotion of local early child development programs and services.
Research evidence has shown that the first three years of a child's development sets the base for competence and coping skills that affect learning, behaviour and health throughout life. Further, that the early identification of developmental delay and intervention prior to school entry can improve development and social outcomes, school readiness and transition to school at a critical age in early child development.
Calling All Three Year Olds Kindergarten Registration provides an opportunity nine months before school entry for:
- parents to learn about their child's development and how to prepare their child for school
- schools to introduce parents to their child’s school and to plan for expected enrollments
- community early child development program and service providers to work together in partnership with schools and other agencies working with preschool children