The Perth District Health Unit is your partner in protecting the health of your customers. What we do to support food premises operators:
- Inspections of food premises, as required by law
- Education about food safety and the requirements of the Food Premises Regulations
- Individual consultation with a Public Health Inspector when opening a restaurant or food premises
- Provide Food Safety Certification Courses for you and your staff
- Provide information during food recalls and emergencies, including Boil Water Advisories and power outages.
- Assess potential risks of food served at Special Events and provide advice on safe food handling practices and compliance with the Regulation.
Call our Health Line at 519-271-7600 extension 267 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 267 to speak with a public health nurse about any of these services.
- Government of Ontario – Ontario Regulation 562, Food Premises
- Ontario Court of Justice – Set Fines for Food Premises
- Eat Right Ontario – Food Handlers Storage Guide
- Public Health Division – Food Safety after a Fire
Signs for Food Premises
Click on the PDF links below to print out signs to post in your establishment. If you would like an alternate format, please contact the Health Unit.