New Food Premises or Renovating a Food Premises

If you wish to open or renovate a food premises, Public Health Inspectors are here to consult on the process. We can provide information on your responsibilities under Ontario’s  Health Protection and Promotion Act and Food Premises Regulation, and other regulations, if applicable.

To discuss what you need to do to meet the requirements of the Health Unit, please call the Health Protection Department and ask to speak with your area Public Health Inspector at 519-271-7600 or toll-free call 1-877-271-7348 extension 252. Alternately, you may email us.