Notice (April 8, 2019)
Public Health Nurses are currently reviewing immunization records for all Perth County students. These immunizations are required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act.
Notices for those with incomplete immunization records have been sent to parents, legal guardians, or students.
Health Unit staff have been contacting families to get missing records or to advise them on immunizations that are needed. They have also been holding immunization clinics at Health Unit offices.
The Perth District Health Unit will be issuing Suspension Notices effective Tuesday, May 28, 2019, for students unable to provide proof of up-to-date immunizations.
To avoid a suspension notice, families are encouraged to:
- Report their child’s immunization record to the Health Unit (if they have received the vaccine); or
- Arrange to have the vaccine through their doctor’s office and then report the information to the Health Unit; or
- If you do not have a family doctor, make an appointment to have the vaccine through the Health Unit; or
- Call the Health Unit to request an exemption counselling appointment.
To book an appointment, call 519-271-7600 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 223.
The Perth District Health Unit maintains immunization records for every student who attends day care and school in the area.
It is up to you to keep the yellow immunization card for your children updated. Always bring it with you when your child receives an immunization and use it to keep track of all future immunizations.
Reporting Childhood Immunizations to the Health Unit – It is Up to You!
Currently your doctor’s office does not report all immunizations to the Health Unit. It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to update the Health Unit when your child receives an immunization so that we can update their record.
To report an immunization, you will need to provide the following:
- Child’s full name, address, and date of birth
- Parent or legal guardian’s name
- Date the child was immunized
- Vaccine the child received