Immunization Records

The Perth District Health Unit maintains immunization records for every student who attends day care and school in the area.

It is up to you to keep the yellow immunization card for your children updated. Always bring it with you when your child receives an immunization and use it to keep track of all future immunizations.

Reporting Childhood Immunizations to the Health Unit – It is Up to You!

Currently your doctor’s office does not report all immunizations to the Health Unit. It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to update the Health Unit when your child receives an immunization so that we can update their record.

To report an immunization, you will need to provide the following:

  • Child’s full name, address, and date of birth
  • Parent or legal guardian’s name
  • Date the child was immunized
  • Vaccine the child received

Picture of an Ontario Immunization Card.

Report an Immunization

You can report immunizations to the Health Unit online through Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON), a secure web portal, using a health card. You can also attach a photo or scan of proof of vaccination.

You can also report immunizations to the Health Unit by:

  • Email: Scan or take a picture of your immunization record and email it (if you do not receive an auto response that we received the email, please call the Health Unit).
  • Confidential fax: Ask your doctor’s office to fax a copy to the Health Unit or fax a copy yourself to 519-271-2785.
  • In person: Bring your child’s yellow card to the Health Unit at 653 West Gore Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4; Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
  • Phone: Leave the information on a voice mail (24 hours, seven days a week). Call 519-271-7600 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 555.

Please note:

Email correspondence is not secure. If the information you wish to send is of a private and personal nature, you may not wish to use this means of communication.

View an Immunization Record

Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) is a web portal that allows you to review immunization records. To view an immunization record, a health card number has to already be in our system. If you are having trouble accessing an immunization record, please contact Kelly at 519-271-7600 extension 223 for assistance.