Choosing a Birth Control Method
There are many methods of birth control; some work by stopping the woman’s ovaries from releasing an egg, others work by stopping the man’s sperm from meeting the egg.
There is no perfect choice in birth control. Get all the information you need before you decide which method is right for you. Talk to someone you trust, like a family member, doctor or nurse.
Types of Birth Control Options and Contraceptives
- Birth Control Pill
- Contraceptive Patch
- Injectable (Depo Provera)
- Intrauterine Contraceptive System (Mirena)
- Condoms – for both men and women
- Intrauterine Contraceptive Device
- Lea Contraceptive Shield
- Tubal Ligation
- Fertility Awareness Method
- Lactational Amenorrhea Method
For more information, or to speak confidentially with a Public Health Nurse, call 519-271-7600 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 779.