- Aims to reduce the negative health, social and economic consequences that may result from the use of drugs, without necessarily reducing drug use.
- Ensures that people who use drugs are treated with respect and dignity.
- Focuses on reducing harms, not consumption.
- Connects individuals to health and social services.
- Meets people where they are at.
- Acknowledges that drug use is complex.
- Gear Works is a drop-in service that provides needle exchange and sterile injection and inhalation equipment for free. For example: needles, syringes, meth pipes, and crack kits.
- For more information on the program, including hours and locations, see Gear Works.
- Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program – Safer Crystal Meth Smoking
- Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program – Safer Injecting
- Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program – Safer Crack Smoking
- Perth District Health Unit – Sexual Health Clinic Information
- Region of Waterloo Public Health – Harm Reduction