We are so lucky to have the support of terrific volunteers! Enjoy a short Volunteer Week Appreciation Video.
Volunteers make an important contribution to the delivery of our programs and we are committed to providing opportunities for volunteers to learn and serve Perth County.
Join our volunteer team!
- Take an active role and make a difference in your community.
- Use existing skills or develop new ones.
- Help others.
- Have fun
- Network in our unique community health setting.
- Gain volunteer hours and valuable work experience.
We offer a range of volunteer opportunities, many of which are listed below. While some programs may not require volunteers at this time, we will be happy to take your name for future reference.
Please review the volunteer options before completing the on-line application.
How do I become a Health Unit Volunteer?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with the Perth District Health Unit, please complete the Volunteer Application.
Note: Please be prepared to give two references: one non-family, character reference and one employment or volunteer reference if applicable. Please include daytime telephone number and email address.
Applications are processed as openings occur and kept on file pending openings for one year.
Program support: Clerical Office Volunteer
Help staff with a variety of general administrative tasks, such as assembling information packages, labelling, photocopying and more. This is a good fit for individuals with weekday availability and students seeking community service hours.
Enjoy Relating to Youth? Be a Teen Esteem or Elements Volunteer
This short-term, school-based volunteer placement gives you an opportunity to support Grade 5 and 6 students in Perth County through our Teen Esteem program for girls and Elements for boys.
- Donate your time one lunch hour a week for a six week session.
- Facilitate discussion and lead students in interactive games and activities that are outlined in a manual designed by public health nurses.
- Session topics include self-esteem, communication, healthy relationships, stress management, social media and goal setting.
- Orientation and training is provided by a public health nurse and a public health nurse is present at every session.
- Our goal is to empower and equip youth to make healthy life choices!
Calling All Three Year Olds Kindergarten Registration Volunteer
Support our Child Health team with Calling All Three Year Olds Kindergarten Registration during the month of November. This volunteer experience is suited for people with an educational background and, or experience in the health or education field. Calling All Three Year Olds helps children get ready for starting school.
Healthy Eating Presenter
Deliver healthy eating, nutrition presentations to workplaces and community organizations throughout Perth County. Ideal for someone with an educational background and experience in nutrition or dietetics who enjoys sharing this knowledge with the public! Presenters will have access to a Nutrition Resource Centre Healthy Eating Manual and resources.
Each fall, we host free Flu Shot clinics. Support our Communicable Disease team by helping with various duties at these community clinics.
Project-Focused Health Promotion
Special projects arise throughout the year that are ideal for individuals with a passion for public health.
Have questions? Email or call the Coordinator of Volunteer Services at 519-271-7600 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 305.
The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.