The Perth District Health Unit is your partner in protecting the health of your customers. What we do to support food premises operators:
- Inspections of food premises, as required by law
- Education about food safety and the requirements of the Food Premises Regulations
- Individual consultation with a Public Health Inspector when opening a restaurant or food premises
- Provide Food Safety Certification Courses for you and your staff
- Provide information during food recalls and emergencies, including Boil Water Advisories and power outages.
- Assess potential risks of food served at Special Events and provide advice on safe food handling practices and compliance with the Regulation.
Call our Health Line at 519-271-7600 extension 267 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 267 to speak with a public health nurse about any of these services.