Notice (April 8, 2019)

Public Health Nurses are currently reviewing immunization records for all Perth County students. These immunizations are required by the Immunization of School Pupils Act.

Notices for those with incomplete immunization records have been sent to parents, legal guardians, or students.

Health Unit staff have been contacting families to get missing records or to advise them on immunizations that are needed. They have also been holding immunization clinics at Health Unit offices.

The Perth District Health Unit will be issuing Suspension Notices effective Tuesday, May 28, 2019, for students unable to provide proof of up-to-date immunizations.

To avoid a suspension notice, families are encouraged to:

  • Report their child’s immunization record to the Health Unit (if they have received the vaccine); or
  • Arrange to have the vaccine through their doctor’s office and then report the information to the Health Unit; or
  • If you do not have a family doctor, make an appointment to have the vaccine through the Health Unit; or
  • Call the Health Unit to request an exemption counselling appointment.

To book an appointment, call 519-271-7600 or toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 extension 223.


Immunization (or vaccination) is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your children against infectious diseases.

Many vaccine preventable diseases have become rare in Canada because the vaccines work so well and we have excellent immunization programs.

All children attending school between ages four to 17 need to be immunized according to Ontario’s Immunization Schedule. Remember to let the Health Unit know when your child has received an immunization so we can update their Immunization Record.

Our Role

  • The Perth District Health Unit plays a vital role in promoting immunization among Perth County residents.
  • We distribute publicly funded vaccines to the community and provide immunization information to parents, health care providers, schools, and the public.
  • The Health Unit maintains immunization records for children and adults in Perth County.

New! Report Immunizations and Review Immunization Records Online

Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) is a web portal for you to report immunizations to the Perth District Health Unit and to review your immunization record or that of your child or children.

Please note: To view an immunization record, a health card number has to already be in our system. If you are having trouble accessing an immunization record, please contact Kelly at 519-271-7600 extension 223 for assistance.

Related Links