Kindergarten Registration starts in November!
When – November 2016
Where – At schools across Perth and Huron counties
For children eligible for school in September 2017 who are:
- three years old by December 31, 2016 (Junior Kindergarten)
- four years old by December 31, 2016 (Senior Kindergarten)
At the event:
- Sign up your child for Junior or Senior Kindergarten for 2017
- Learn how your child is developing
- Get tips on how to prepare your child for school
For the Calling All Three Year Olds event date at your local school, contact the school or district board office after October 1st.
Avon Maitland District School Board – Call 1-800-592-5437
Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board – Call 1-800-265-8508
Calling All Three Year Olds Kindergarten Registration
Calling All Three Year Olds is a school readiness initiative and is coordinated by partner agencies in Perth and Huron counties. This partnership includes:
- health units
- school boards
- and community early childhood programs and service providers.
Calling All Three Year Olds offers universal developmental screening, early identification of developmental delays by a trained screener using the Nipissing District Developmental Screen and promotion of local early child development programs and services.
Research evidence has shown that the first three years of a child’s development sets the base for competence and coping skills that affect learning, behaviour and health throughout life. Further, that the early identification of developmental delay and intervention prior to school entry can improve development and social outcomes, school readiness and transition to school at a critical age in early child development.
Calling All Three Year Olds Kindergarten Registration provides an opportunity nine months before school entry for:
- parents to learn about their child’s development and how to prepare their child for school
- schools to introduce parents to their child’s school and to plan for expected enrollments
- community early child development program and service providers to work together in partnership with schools and other agencies working with preschool children