Perth District Health Unit Board
Boardroom (lower level) – Health Unit
December 20th, 2017 at 9:30 am
Welcome to Paul Robinson, Provincial Appointee.
1. Approval of the Agenda.
2. Pecuniary Interest.
3. Board Elections for 2018
4. Set the Finance and Personnel Committee for 2018.
5. Appoint a Secretary for 2018.
6. Set Dates and Times of Regular Meetings.
7. Set Board Members’ Remuneration.
8. Appoint Auditors.
9. Appoint Signing Officers for the signing of cheques.
10. Adopt the minutes from meeting dated November 22nd, 2017
11. Closed Meeting – personal matters.
12. Business Arising.
a. Amalgamation Steering Group Update
Minutes of September 13th, 2017
b. Board Policy 4-110 Technoloy Use
13. New Business
a. Staff Report – Risk Management
b. Board Policy 4-120 Personnel Policies for Non Union Employees
c. Board Policy 4-125 Four Year Over Five Plan – Non Union Employees
d. Board Policy 4-130 Short Term Disability – Non Union Employees
e. Board Policy 4-135 Change of Schedule – Non Union Employees
14. Business Administrator Report – Julie Pauli
a. Account Transactions – November 2017
b. Financial Report – November 30th, 2017
c. Retirement Benefits
d. Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Compliance Report
15. Medical Officer of Health Report – Dr. Miriam Klassen
a. Association of Local Public Health Agencies (alPHa) – Summary of Board of Health Section
b. Association of Local Public Health Agencies (alPHa) regarding Expert Panel
c. Peterborough regarding Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Modernization
d. Sudbury and District regarding Food Insecurity, Nutritious Food Basket Costing
e. Association of Local Public Health Agencies (alPHa) regarding 2018 Provincial Election Policy Priorities
17. Date of next meeting – Wednesday, January 17th, 2018
19. Public Announcements.
20. Education Session – Personal Service Settings – presented by Kara Kestner, Public Health Inspector